Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hello! Welcome to Windy City Beets

Here you'll find recipes (with their calorie count) that have been tested by myself and my friends. I'm not perfect. I really love fries and ice cream, but even more, I like to feel good inside and out.


The idea of this blog came to me because I spend hours looking at recipes online and in books but I can rarely find the calorie count--which is a real bummer. Also, I'm a vegetarian/pescitarian. I haven't found a blog that I love that's both healthy and mostly vegetarian.


A lot of recipes on this blog will be straight from a magazine, a blog, or a book, but other times I want to try to make my own healthy recipe and will try my best to figure out the calorie count. I guess this is my disclaimer: take this blog with a grain of (kosher) salt and just enjoy.


To add to the delicious healthy recipes my childhood pal, Mary, will also be adding some wine recommendations. She's works in a wine shop in Colorado and has offered to share some knowledge about spirits. All the wines she will recommend will be ready to open without aging. Note that a 6 oz glass of wine is 150 calories, well worth it if you ask me.



I must admit I don't have a great camera but promise the recipes I post I've tried and like, even if the pictures don't do them justice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment