Thursday, February 16, 2012

Peanut Sriracha Salmon


This recipe is almost too easy! 

Serves 2
Calories per serving = 460
(eat with some steamed asparagus and 
1/4 cup rice medley for a 600 calorie dinner)
Bonus nutritional information, per fillet: total fat 39, Sat fat 4.5, Carbs 6, 
Fiber 1, Sugar 2, Protein 43

Ingredients
2 (6 oz) salmon fillets (I like the frozen fillets at Whole Foods and they were only $10.99)
2 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
2 oz. peanuts 

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Make sure Salmon is completely thawed out. Wash salmon off under the sink and then pat dry. If you don't like the fishiness of salmon I would squeeze some fresh lemon juice over it at this point. 
3. The peanut jar will usually tell you how many peanuts are in an ounce. The one I got was 24 peanuts and it ended up being about 1/4 cup ground peanut per fillet. Grind peanuts in a food processor, nut grinder, blender, or whatever you've got until the peanuts are ground.  
4. Rub about 1 Tbsp. of sriracha on each fillet, then coat each fillet with the peanuts. 
5. Use nonstick spray to coat a glass baking dish. Cook salmon in dish 15-20 minutes. The end result is spicy deliciousness. 




Wine us up Mary


It's Tempranillo time!!  The tempranillo grape is a red grape that is indigenous to Spain. Many people think of it as the "chameleon" grape due to the fact that it can be produced into many different styles of wine. Most commonly found to be a medium bodied, fruit forward wine, you won't be disappointed with it's balance and depth. One of my favorite tempranillos is the Senda 66. Produced out of the La Mancha region in Spain, this temranillo has velvety tannins wrapped in ripe cherries, plums and cedar. The soft, long and smooth finish will pair will with this peanut sriracha salmon.

 Body: Medium
 Acidity: Medium
 Dryness: Medium
 Calorie count: 120
 Shelf price: $11.99









5 comments:

  1. I really like your blog, Dana! I'm going to try this over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelly! Please let me know if you like the recipes you make. I'm new to this and want to make sure they turn out. And thanks for supporting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this for dinner last night and it was awesome!!!

    One piece of advice, don't be afraid to go heavy on the sriracha, I wimped out and then wished I had put as much on as your recipe called for.

    Can't wait to eat my leftovers tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Heidi! So glad it turned out. And yes, load up on that sriracha! Thanks for your support. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this tonight and LOVED it! So simple to make, but so delish. Laura says "the salmon bursts with bright flavors," and I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing Dana!

    ReplyDelete