Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cucumber Herb Vinaigrette with Salad

I haven't posted a recipe in nearly 2 weeks! Don't think I've jumped ship. I have been testing recipes like crazy and haven't found anything worthy of posting, until now. Last night I had my friends Britt and Kristen come over and test a couple of things I've been working on. This recipe was the big winner. It's light, fresh, and a bit different than your average dressing. Thank you Eating Well! 




Serves 4
 Calories per serving (serving size is 1 cup): 84
Bonus: Total Fat 6, Carbs 4, Protein 5, Fiber 2, Sugars 0

Ingredients

Vinaigrette
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped chives
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
1 Tbsp. non fat plain yogurt (I use non fat Greek yogurt)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. prepared horseradish
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Salad
2 cups Red leaf lettuce
2 cups Butter lettuce or Romaine (or whatever you like)
1/2 cup sliced radishes
1 carrot, peeled into ribbons 
4 scallions, sliced
2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped

Method
1. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender until smooth. I make mine about 2 hours before I want to serve it and keep it in the fridge, it's a nice cold dressing. 
2. Pour vinaigrette over salad ingredients and toss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment