Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Asparagus, corn, watercress salad with light pomegranate vinaigrette

Women's Health recently put out a few low calorie salad recipes and so far they are 1 for 1 in my book. I made their Asparagus, sweet corn, watercress salad with pomegranate vinaigrette. The vinaigrette was delicious and I ate in on greens all week. I made a couple of tweaks but only because I don't have a fancy peeler. 





Serves 4 
Calories per serving: 65 calories (!!!!!)
Bonus: Fat 3g, Protein 3g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g, Sodium 239mg, Carbs 9g, Cholesterol 0mg

Ingredients 
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup pure pomegranate juice
2 tsp. extra-vigrin olive oil
1 bunch watercress, thick stems taken off
1 pound raw asparagus (made into ribbons. I just cut mine into thin slices, not ribbons)
1/4 cup corn kernels (I bought fresh and placed them one at a time on my gas stovetop over the flame to get them a little charred. Then cut them off the cob. You can always use canned corn or thawed (frozen) corn)
toasted pumpkin seeds

Method
1.To make the vinaigrette (I doubled this recipe so I had extra dressing for the week) whisk the vinegar, mustard, and salt together. Add the pom juice and olive oil to combine. Set aside. 
2. Mix everything up and eat your delicious salad. The pumpkin seeds or any seed/nut works. 

-This salad dressing is amazing with any kind of greens! Maybe add some goat cheese. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds deliciously perfect for spring. Thank you for sharing, Dana Lee, and congrats on your engagement!! xo!

    ReplyDelete